Saturday, July 27, 2013

Old Clothes and Recycling Them

Ok, so i decided to spend my Saturday sorting through old clothes and kinda tweak them because i'm saving up for a trip next week. We're gonna be, and by we i mean 5 or 6 friends and me, will be in Cavite for four days. So that means i have to save up for a four day trip.
So anyway, i also decided to try out this fabric pastel thing from pentel.
So i took out clothes that has this visible splotches of bleach and covered them up with a black pastel design.

And the instructions were to iron the design using a paper atop the design to make the design washable and permanent. So I did just that, and I haven't gotten around to washing it but I repeatedly rubbed my fingers onto the design to see if the color would rub off, but it didn't so i think that it's a success.  And if you are wondering where to buy this pentel fabric pastel, i bought it in National Bookstore and it costs about 75 pesos i think.

And we actually have a little dress up theme on our trip. We decided on floral design dresses and shirts and the likes. So i looked through old clothes and found this floral short.

I then started to cut it up to how a skirt should look like and prepped up my sewing machine and sewed my new floral skirt..yay, didn't even took 30 min. to do this i think. And this saved me a trip to ukay-ukay, cause i was actually planning to go there earlier today to look for something floral to wear.
And i also found moms old jeans that used to not fit me but now does fit me (i'm getting fatter). So i also cut it up to how short i want it to be.
And then i wanted to have this short to have that worn out rugged look so i pulled and pulled on the threads at the edges and here is how it turned out.
All in all ive had a productive Saturday and tomorrow i will continue this customizing old clothes thing, cause i do actually enjoy customizing old clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment